Country of Origin: India
Host Institution: UBFC
Watch this video to learn more about
Ramamoorthy completed his bachelor's in Technology in Instrumentation and Control Engineering from the National Institute of Technology (Tiruchirapalli, India) from 2005 to 2009. Afterwards, he pursued a master's in Robotic Engineering from Warsaw University of Technology (Warsaw, Poland) from 2013 to 2015.
Aspirations within projects
Within this project, Ramamoorthy aspires to investigate the extent to which technologies based on spectral-RTI system would help to characterize the change in cultural heritage objects. He also aspires to investigate the link between photo metric parameters and visual judgement through psycho-sensorial experiments.
ESR8: Capture and characterization of change in the appearance of CH objects surface
- Development of complete framework based on spectral-RTI system: Acquisition, multi-view data alignment and stitching, joint reconstruction of spectral and angular components of reflectance.
- Investigation of parameters characterizing change in CH object appearance.
- Investigation of the link between photo metric parameters and visual judgement through psycho-sensorial experiments.
- Alamin Mansouri (UBFC)
- Luxman, R., Y. E. Castro, H. Chatoux, M. Nurvit, A. Siatou, G. Le Goic, L. Brambilla, C. Degrigny, F. Marzani, A. Mansouri (2022). LightBot: A Multi-Light Position Robotic Acquisition System for Adaptive Capturing of Cultural Heritage Surfaces. Journal of Imaging 2022. Vol. 8 Issue 5 p. 134. doi:10.3390/jimaging8050134
- Luxman, R., M. Nurit, G. Le Goıc, F. Marzani, A. Mansouri (2021): Next Best Light Position: A self configuring approach for the Reflectance Transformation Imaging acquisition process. Society for Imaging Science and Technology, IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging 2021.
- Thompson, E. M., S. Biasotti, A. Giachetti, C. Tortorici, N. Werghi, A. S. Obeid, S. Berretti, H. P. Nguyen-Dinh, M. Q. Le, H. D. Nguyen, M. T. Tran, L. Gigli, S. Velasco-Forero, B. Marcotegui, I. Sipiran, B.Bustos, I. Romanelis, V. Fotis, G. Arvanitis, K. Moustakas, E. Otu, R. Zwiggelaar, D. Hunter, Y. Liu, Y. Arteaga, R. Luxman (2020): SHREC’20 Track: Retrieval of digital surfaces with similar geometric reliefs. Computers & Graphics, Volume 91, 2020, Pages 199-218, ISSN 0097-8493.