Country of Origin: India
Host Institution: WUT
Watch the video to learn more about Sunita's project
Sunita completed her bachelor's in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology, Guwahati University, Assam, India, 2015. Posterior to that she pursued her master's in Technology in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Arunachal Pradesh, India, 2018.
Aspirations within projects
The process of digitization of cultural heritage objects and the analysis and visualization of multi- modal image data from surface monitoring of cultural heritage (CH) deals with mathematical analysis of 3D Data and Optical Metrology. The main focuses of this work are:
- Identification of digital model representations for CH objects from different modalities i.e. surface and volumetric-based ones.
- Development of analysis and visualization methods for selected CH objects with automated and interactive data processing.
- Validation of developed methods using CH dummies.
- Application of proposed multi-modal analysis and visualization methods in conservation processes in detection and assessment before and after changes.
And Sunita believes “Cultural Heritage Analysis for New Generation” is a good bunch of problem to play with which can bring together researchers interested in using geometrical, multi-spectral and surface reflection data analysis and visualization in both micro and macro scale. It could be beneficial to both the professional users as well as the common users.
ESR4: Analysis and visualization of multi modal image data in CH surfaces monitoring
- Identification of digital model representations for CH objects from different modalities (surface- and volumetric-based).
- Development of analysis and visualization methods for selected CH objects, with automated and interactive data processing.
- Validation of methods using CH dummies.
- Application of proposed multi modal analysis and visualization methods in conservation processes (before and after changes detection and assessment).
- Robert Sitnik (WUT)
- Saha, S., A. Siatou, A. Mansouri, R. Sitnik (2022) Supervised segmentation of RTI appearance attributes for change detection on cultural heritage surfaces, Heritage Science, 10(1), pp. 173. doi: 10.1186/s40494-022-00813-3.
- Saha, S., D. Lewis, R. Sitnik (2022) Approach to Identification of Changes from Local Surface Normal Analysis of RTI Data in Application to Cultural Heritage. the 4th ACM International workshop on Structuring and Understanding of Multimedia heritAge Contents. Association for Computing Machinery. hdoi: 10.1145/3552464.3555685
- Saha, S, R. Sitnik (2022) Segmentation in application to deformation analysis of cultural heritage surfaces. Proc. IS&T Int’l. Symp. on Electronic Imaging: 3D Imaging and Applications, 2022, pp 213-1 - 213-5, Doi: 10.2352/EI.2022.34.17.3DIA-213
- Saha, S., J. Martusewicz, N. L. W. Streeton, R. Sitnik (2021): Segmentation of Change in Surface Geometry Analysis for Cultural Heritage Applications. Sensors, Vol. 21 (14), p. 4899. ISSN 1424-8220.
- Saha, S. A. Siatou, R. Sitnik (2021): Classification of Surface Geometry Behavior of Cultural Heritage Surfaces based on Monitoring Change. SPIE Optical Metrology 2021: Optics for Arts, Architecture and Archaeology. Proceedings Vol. 11784.
- Saha, S., A. Duda-Maczuga, A. Papanikolaou, R. Sitnik (2021): Approach for identification of geometry change on cultural heritage surface. Society for Imaging Science and Technology, IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging 2021.
- Papanikolau, A., D. Dzik-Kruszelnicka, S. Saha, M. Kujawinska (2021): 3D digital image correlation system for monitoring of changes induced by RH fluctuations on parchment. Society for Imaging Science and Technology, IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging 2021.
- Saha, S., A. Papanikolaou, J. Martusewicz and R. Sitnik (2020): Augmented Reality in Tracking the Surface Geometry Change of Cultural Heritage Objects. In: 2020 International Conference on Computational Performance Evaluation (ComPE), Shillong, India, 2020, pp. 537-542, doi: 10.1109/ComPE49325.2020.9200041.
- Saha, S., P. Foryś, J. Martusewicz, R. Sitnik (2020): Approach to Analysis the Surface Geometry Change in Cultural Heritage Objects. In: El Moataz A., Mammass D., Mansouri A., Nouboud F. (eds) Image and Signal Processing. ICISP 2020. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 12119. Springer, Cham.