Analysis and monitoring of degradation of ancient glasses
Host Institution: SNM PhD Erollment: NTNU
- Definition of a multi-modal analytical approach to assess different degradation factors and forms.
- Selection of 3D imaging techniques to document and monitor altered glasses.
- Development of methodology for characterizing different alteration forms and products using imaging and spectroscopy.
- Selection and evaluation of new cleaning procedures on mock-up samples.
- Application of the protocol to document and monitor the state of conservation (and change) of real ancient glasses.
- Tiziana Lombardo (SNM)
- Edith Joseph (HES SO)
- Sony George (NTNU)
- Jean-Baptiste Thomas (UBFC)