Country of Origin: India
Host Institution: WUT
Sunita completed her bachelor's in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology, Guwahati University, Assam, India, 2015. Posterior to that she pursued her master's in Technology in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Arunachal Pradesh, India, 2018.
Aspirations within projects:
The process of digitization of cultural heritage objects and the analysis and visualization of multi- modal image data from surface monitoring of cultural heritage (CH) deals with mathematical analysis of 3D Data and Optical Metrology. The main focuses of this work are:
- Identification of digital model representations for CH objects from different modalities i.e. surface and volumetric-based ones.
- Development of analysis and visualization methods for selected CH objects with automated and interactive data processing.
- Validation of developed methods using CH dummies.
- Application of proposed multi-modal analysis and visualization methods in conservation processes in detection and assessment before and after changes.
And Sunita believes “Cultural Heritage Analysis for New Generation” is a good bunch of problem to play with which can bring together researchers interested in using geometrical, multi-spectral and surface reflection data analysis and visualization in both micro and macro scale. It could be beneficial to both the professional users as well as the common users.
ESR4: Analysis and visualization of multi modal image data in CH surfaces monitoring
- Identification of digital model representations for CH objects from different modalities (surface- and volumetric-based).
- Development of analysis and visualization methods for selected CH objects, with automated and interactive data processing.
- Validation of methods using CH dummies.
- Application of proposed multi modal analysis and visualization methods in conservation processes (before and after changes detection and assessment).
- Robert Sitnik (WUT)
Papanikolau, A., D. Dzik-Kruszelnicka, S. Saha, M. Kujawinska (2021): 3D digital image correlation system for monitoring of changes induced by RH fluctuations on parchment. Society for Imaging Science and Technology, IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging 2021.
Saha, S., A. Papanikolaou, J. Martusewicz and R. Sitnik (2020): Augmented Reality in Tracking the Surface Geometry Change of Cultural Heritage Objects,. In: 2020 International Conference on Computational Performance Evaluation (ComPE), Shillong, India, 2020, pp. 537-542, doi: 10.1109/ComPE49325.2020.9200041.
Saha, S., P. Foryś, J. Martusewicz, R. Sitnik (2020): Approach to Analysis the Surface Geometry Change in Cultural Heritage Objects. In: El Moataz A., Mammass D., Mansouri A., Nouboud F. (eds) Image and Signal Processing. ICISP 2020. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 12119. Springer, Cham.